Auto A/C & Heating 101
It is no fun to sit in a hot car without a properly working A/C. As you sit in the Chicago heat of your vehicle, you can’t help but wish for auto air conditioning repair. The auto mechanics at Velasquez Complete Auto Care can fix your A/C. Soon your air conditioning system will be keeping you cool and comfortable for the next car ride.
We recognize just how busy your day can get, and sometimes, auto repair is the last thing you need to add to your to-do list. At Velasquez Complete Auto Care, we strive to ensure your experience is hassle-free. You can check auto air conditioning repair off your to-do list without it interrupting your already hectic day.
A/C systems may break eventually with usage; hose pipes may clog and drip if not serviced, causing reduced efficiency heating and cooling capabilities. Regular maintenance will keep your AC system operating at peak performance.
Troubleshooting Your A/C & Heating System
Have you noticed one of these issues? Bring it into Velasquez to get a full assessment.
A/C System Issues:
- If your air conditioning blows only slightly cooler air compared to the exterior air
- Air that blows in smells damp, musty, or like mildew and mold
- Your cabin does not warm up in cold weather or is just a little warmer than outside
- The defroster takes longer than typical to operate, or does not operate
- Your heater or A/C only functions when driving, not when idling, or quits blowing when the car is stationary
- Your heating system blows cold air, or the air conditioning blows warm air
- Low airflow even at the highest fan setting
Auto Heat - Radiators
A Radiator is a heat exchanger for cooling your car's internal combustion engine. A radiator cools the engine by circulating an engine coolant through the engine block. It then loses the heat to the atmosphere through radiation. A radiator has a set of tubes through which the engine coolant flows. When the radiator fails, the excess heat produced by the engine could damage internal engine components. To prevent this from happening, have your radiator and cooling system serviced regularly.